Your Complete Source for Diabetes Support
The Medicine Shoppe® pharmacy understands the effect diabetes can have on your life. That’s why we’ve assembled an extensive network of pharmacists who have the knowledge and expertise to help you manage your diabetes. Through our Specialized Care Centers – Diabetes Care, we’ve got everything you need to help you live your life the way you want.
Nearly 24 million Americans have diabetes. More than 57 million have symptoms related to the onset of diabetes, called pre-diabetes. Don’t let diabetes control your life. Know the risk factors.
Potential Risk Factors of Diabetes
- Family history of diabetes
- 45 years of age or older
- Overweight (BMI greater than 25)
- High blood pressure or hypertension
- HDL cholesterol less than 35 mg/dL
- African American, Hispanic American, Native American, Asian American or Pacific Islander heritage
- Extreme thirst
- Frequent urination
- Weight loss
- Tingling or numbness in your hands or feet
- Unusual tiredness or drowsiness
If you have any of the above risk factors or symptoms, talk to your doctor or Medicine Shoppe pharmacist about getting screened for diabetes.
Your type of diabetes is unique to you. With specialized care and individualized treatment plans from our caring Medicine Shoppe pharmacists, together we can help you manage your diabetes and continue to live your life.
Areas of Information, Focus and Expertise
- Diabetes management training and information
- Medication monitoring
- Daily care and nutrition basics
- Blood glucose testing
- Insulin education
- Physical activity and diabetes
- Pregnancy and diabetes
- Preventing complications
- Quarterly community educational meetings
Education in these areas will give you the basic tools you need to manage your diabetes and live life freely.
Reliable prescriptions, dependable tools for healthy living and a knowledgeable, caring pharmacist on duty can all be found at your Medicine Shoppe pharmacy – the place for all your diabetes needs.
Available Products and Services
- Efficient prescription refills
- DME recommendations specific to your diabetic needs
- Blood glucose meter downloads
- Pharmacist present to personally answer your questions and address your concerns
Your Medicine Shoppe pharmacy is your source for complete, up-to-date information. We believe that selling products alone is not enough for our patients with diabetes. The true value of our SCC- Diabetes Care is the personalized counseling that our pharmacists provide. It’s our belief that through improved information and personalized services, we can help improve the health and quality of life for people with diabetes.
Visit our Diabetes Information page