Brompheniramine treats allergies. It comes in combination with other cough and cold medications. May cause dry mouth.
Patient Ratings for Brompheniramine
How was your experience with Brompheniramine?
Uses of Brompheniramine
Brompheniramine is used in the treatment of:
- Rhinitis, Allergic, Perennial
- Rhinitis, Vasomotor
This medication may be prescribed for other uses. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Brompheniramine Brand Names
Brompheniramine may be found in some form under the following brand names:
Brompheniramine Drug Class
Brompheniramine is part of the drug class:
This is not a complete list of Brompheniraminedrug interactions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Brompheniramine and Pregnancy
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
The FDA categorizes medications based on safety for use during pregnancy. Five categories - A, B, C, D, and X, are used to classify the possible risks to an unborn baby when a medication is taken during pregnancy.
Brompheniramine falls into category C:
In animal studies, pregnant animals were given this medication and had some babies born with problems. No well-controlled studies have been done in humans, though. Therefore, this medication may be used if the potential benefits to the mother outweigh the potential risks to the unborn child.
There are no well-controlled studies that have been done in pregnant women. Brompheniramine should be used during pregnancy only if the possible benefit outweighs the possible risk to the unborn baby.
No studies have been done in animals, and no well-controlled studies have been done in pregnant women. Brompheniramine should be given to a pregnant woman only if clearly needed.
Take brompheniramine exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
The Brompheniramine dose your doctor recommends will be based on the following (use any or all that apply):
- the condition being treated
- other medical conditions you have
- other medications you are taking
- how you respond to this medication
- your weight
- your height
- your age
- your gender
Brompheniramine is available in the following doses:
- Brompheniramine 1 Mg/ml Oral Liquid
- Brompheniramine 10 Mg/5 Ml Oral Suspension, Extended Release
- Brompheniramine 10 Mg/ml Injectable Solution
- Brompheniramine 11 Mg Oral Tablet, Extended Release
- Brompheniramine 12 Mg Oral Capsule, Extended Release
- Brompheniramine 12 Mg Oral Tablet, Chewable, Extended Release
- Brompheniramine 12 Mg Oral Tablet, Extended Release
- Brompheniramine 12 Mg/5 Ml Oral Suspension, Extended Release
- Brompheniramine 2 Mg/5 Ml Oral Liquid
- Brompheniramine 4 Mg Oral Capsule
- Brompheniramine 4 Mg Oral Tablet
- Brompheniramine 4 Mg/5 Ml Oral Suspension, Extended Release
- Brompheniramine 6 Mg Oral Tablet, Extended Release
- Brompheniramine 8 Mg Oral Tablet, Extended Release
- Brompheniramine 8 Mg/5 Ml Oral Suspension, Extended Release
- Brompheniramine Compounding Powder
Forms of Medication
Brompheniramine is available in the following forms:
- Extended Release Capsule
- Extended Release Suspension
- Extended Release Tablet
- Injectable Solution
- Oral Capsule
- Oral Solution
- Oral Suspension
- Oral Tablet