The Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy is a member of PCCA (Professional Compounding Centers of America). Pharmacy compounding is the art and science of preparing personalized medications for patients. Compounded medications are “made from scratch” – individual ingredients are mixed together in the exact strength and dosage form required by the patient. Read more about the benefits of prescription compounding.
Compounding can help with these issues experienced by many patients:
- Stomach upset when taking oral medication
- Reluctance to take the medication due to its taste
- Difficulty swallowing pills
- Requiring a different dose of medication than that which is available from a manufacturer
- Patients who don’t want to take medication at all, especially children or pets
Are you interested in customized medicine that is compounded to fit your specific needs? Call or stop by and speak with one of our compounding pharmacists, we will assist you in determining if compounding can help you obtain the results you are looking for.